Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sometime in January my laptop ate my blog


Okay, okay, so it was something I did all by myself in working on my laptop. Sadly it ate posts and comments and pics. Live and learn. I think I will start to post less frequently so as to alleviate my stress of loss, and make sure I don't download a bunch of stuff every day and goof it up somehow. At the same time I was getting a bunch of jpegs from people and I think I did something that obliterated all my posts.

Right now the focus is getting all these glaze loads done. I finished all of the glaze firings of John Britts lidded and spouted vessels, in a bizarre shino and some colored slips Malcolm would wonder at--totally bizarre combinations. John Skelton fired them at cone 10 in his gas kiln.

I almost have all of Roger Jamison's work bisque fired. I really like the way I treated the surfaces on these. Of course, they weren't porcelain, and so that fudge-like texture I like to engrave into was a little bit different. What I did was conjure up something I'd done before based on a New Zealand Maori pattern I love. We will see. Scared to fire these to cone 6 but I will become brave as I mix up a few new midrange glazes this week and press on......

No comments:

Post a Comment